Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Haruki Murakami "Hard Boiled Wonderland And The End Of The World"


OK, OK, OK enough already! Is that what you're thinking? Stop talking about this Murakami...I can't help myself...(Pat deWitt, I promise to give some Weldon Kees props soon!) Hard Boiled Wonderland And The End Of The World is the book I always say is my favorite Murakami because I love the suffering, the emotion, the lack of emotion, THE PAIN, the pink fashion and well, the food & sex aren't bad either. Once you get involved in the world of the "calcutec," the "inklings" & the "Beasts" you will never be the same and believe me your shadow (and I mean YOUR shadow) will never, EVER be taken for granted again. Have I said too much? maybe? are you interested? I hope so...you just have to let go and get into the two different worlds that collide in your mind. Oh, and don't forget about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

1 comment:

Pat said...

I'll bite my tongue on this one. But on a side note: Happy Birthday you guys.
Love Pat