Friday, October 13, 2006

The Killers




Well I am having a hard time writing a post on the Killers...it's cuz all I can think about is the films last 15 minutes. The Killers just kinda sneaks up on you....at first you think oh, man it's a rad old movie..."The Swede", bad guys, good guys, who knows what guys, a couple of hot dames..you know the story. Well let me tell you, all the sudden BAM it gets you and WOW is Ava Gardner awesome in this movie...you really could watch it just to watch her....but my favorite character, is Jim Reardon (Edmond O'Brien) the hardworking, honest insurance agent (ok, it was the 1940's)...and I really don't want to give anything away so that's all you get.
Once you see this version make sure you rent the wonderful Don Siegal's version with John Cassavetes & Lee Marvin or you can be super movie freak and buy the Criterion collection with Robert Siodmaks 1946 version & Don Siegal's 1964 version on a double disk.

No comments: