Thursday, November 02, 2006

Saturn Press--Letterpress cards




click on the images to see them giant size!



Saturn Press was started in a garage with old lettepress equipment in 1986. They are located in Maine on Swan's Island--it looks awesome check it out! To the best of my knowledge, the owner, Jane Goodrich does the designs & James Van Pernis runs the letterpress; They have no email and no website so you either have to hunt them down on the internet or find a sweet little shop in your universe that sells their beautiful cards, unless of course you are visiting Swan's Island ---you might try giving them a call to get a tour and check out the Saturn Press shop. 207.526.4000

ps here is a place that had a pretty sweet selection! Cronin & Company

7 comments:

Katey said...

Oh I'm in love with their designs. Thanks for posting these! I'm gonna hunt them down. :) (they need a website!!)

Anonymous said...

Aurthur Wesley Dow might disagree that these are original designs.

IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

awesome...arther wesley dow is AWESOME thanks for the info! yayay

Swamp Thing said...

Received one of their cards this year. Beautiful. Definitely not original!!!! but beautiful and retro. Will be ordering some for next year.

Anonymous said...

My favorite little shop in near-north Chicago stopped carrying Saturn Press cards. Great to know a source where I can continue to get them! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Mud, Sweat and Tears in Mid-town Manhattan is now carrying their cards.

Lisa McLeod said...

I received a lovely card from a friend from your Garden Classics, First and Best (Peas). It talks about the history of the peas and mentions that it was found for first time in the US on Cuttyhunk Island, Maine. I had never heard of the island and since I am from Maine, I looked it up and found out that it is in Massachusettes. One of the Elizabeth Islands. I just wanted to clarify that with you or if I am wrong, let me know. Thanks. Lisa McLeod, lmcleod@smccme.edu