Monday, January 22, 2007

Amigurumi Ana Paula Rimoli AKA Anapaulaoli









So my last Amigurumi post elicited a lot of responses from our faithful crafty readers...."Awww" & "wooowwww" & "i wanna do that" etc., etc. SO listen it's just like anything else, you have to go for it (and if you don't know how to crochet, IT'S EASY--**LEARN**) and when you are making creatures you have to just assume they are going to look a little strange 'cuz what creature doesn't look a little weird? If you want to really ROCK some Amigurumi I would most definitely get one of Ana Paula's amazing patterns (as a matter of fact, I did!). She is the crochet master that has already figured it all out for you...she came up with all of these super cute little (and big) patterns AND will supply you with support the whole way through-HOW COOL IS THAT!? I know, I know it's hard to choose which pattern to start with---I started with the cute doll so I will let you know how that one works out for me but the pirate, penguin & koala are pretty enticing. OF course this means I am going to have to get more yarn which is disturbing since I HAVE SO MUCH already but feeding a yarn addiction isn't that bad is it? Is anyone in NYC down for an Amigurumi night? We could drink wine and crochet---PARTY!----I am a real partier, huh?!

Check out her amazing shop!
AnaPaulaAoli Etsy shop

Check out her flicker photos

**great instructional videos for different stitches** ask a local pal (ask me maybe I know someone in your part of the world?) New Yorkers can take Cal's class at
Treehouse to become SUPER crocheters & she LOVES amigurumi.

1 comment:

hodge podge said...

dude, YES!!! i am so down with amigurumi night, any or EVERY night! please make it happen! did you see my panda with removable slippers?