Friday, January 19, 2007

The Best of Alton Ellis



I know I know...I have been SO chatty this week so I am going to try and keep my words short...I am totally fried & confused from trying out some MEGA sewing machines today so I am going to chill out to Alton Ellis's gorgeous crooning on "Breaking up is hard to do"(BQE, LIE to the CV expressway & back OUCH). You really can't go wrong with a record like this---beautiful, melodic songs like Jamaica, La La Love You (my fave) & Sitting in The Park. The glorious thing is YOU CAN still get the vinyl here ! or the cd here (a compilation of sorts)! Oh, dearie--another classic from the ITBK cabinets...when will I ever purchase something from this century?

3 comments:

leigh said...

not chatty enough
request more chat please.......!

IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

MORE chatter MORE really? I am such a blabbler. HA

themusicologist said...

what a pleasure to come across you...it was via an Alton Ellis image, (Best of LP cover).

Jung may have called it synchronicity as I'm half way through an Alton Ellis musical tribute week over on my 'diary'..

http://themusicologist.wordpress.com

i'll be back...