Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing
















So please excuse my--late night after many hours of sewing--"photo booth" pic but I really wanted to show you that I had actually made something from the "Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing" book. This is an amazing amazing book...I PROMISE. The thing is the book is true to its name..."Simple Sewing" is 24 easy-to-follow patterns with photos, hand drawn instructions and the most amazing WHITE PAPER patterns (not the dreaded YELLOW crap tissue patterns) are included in a handy little pocket on the inside of the book. One of the patterns is this nifty little sunhat that I whipped up in a few hours with extra fabric that was floating around our pad; I even had some woven fusable interfacing and everything. So I used this sweet little calico print with a nice denim on the inside. The book has all sorts of great projects like napkins, 2 kinds of aprons, bedding, yoga mat bag, garden tote, hot pads (super-easy and nice) plus other everyday projects to make your world a little more stylish, neat and, well, HOME-MADE!

Get the book
check out Lotta's website 'n wares

1 comment:

hodge podge said...

see?!? you DO look cute in that hat! i knew it! you get your pick of my sunhats this weekend...