Thursday, July 12, 2007

One Girl Cookie Boerum Hill / Cobble Hill









Did y'all know that I am super critical of all baked goods?...and that's because when you like to bake at home, what you get somewhere else better be GOOD; and that pretty much goes for most culinary experiences outside the home front. OK, deep breath. Onto the reason I have been rambling: One Girl Cookies is the newish place in Cobble Hill/Boerum Hill (depending on how you look at it) and they happen to make the best cupcake I think I have ever tasted. I have been around the cupcake block and honestly I have not been impressed; no names will be mentioned so I can protect myself from an angry cupcake mob. {btw, one of the places that's famous for their cupcakes (and they are super purdy but flavorless) makes a killer donut--the cakie kind of donut--it's excellent with coffee.} OK, back to One Girl: the cupcakes are beautiful, melt-in-your-mouth vanilla or chocolate with spiky blue, pink, white or probably any color frosting. They also have amazing cookies & cakes (little yummy mocha sandwich cookies); they always greet you with a smile and it's a great spot to just chill out and enjoy your treat maybe with some of their iced coffee poured over iced coffee ice cubes or with the rosemary lemonade The creme de la creme on a super hot day is il laboratorio del gelato, the hands-down most amazing gelato & sorbet in the known universe. I will fight anyone who wants to on this, really REALLY! So to wrap this sugar bomb up what I am trying to tell you is that this is the place...it's the real deal it's got style, it's got class, it's got flavor...I'm in love with One Girl Cookie now lets listen to some Nina Simone.

**ps don't the cupcakes remind you of lisa simpson?**

4 comments:

hodge podge said...

ok, first of all, cupcake cafe's cupcakes are NOT flavorless! second, you should definitely also try Cheeks bakery in williamsburg to compare. third, when can i meet you at one girl cookie? and where exactly is it?

kari beth said...

Thanks for the heads up on all these goodies! I'm drooling just looking at these photos!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... You made a post a while back about the best Korean place. I went and it was absolutely the worst Korean food i've eaten . Best bet is to avoid midtown for any food. I've had better Korean food at Liquor stores BBQd on a hibachi in L.A.

IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

Michael don't think i don't know it's you, besides if Ruth Reichl and Min both thinks it's good what can i say? : ) but do tell the better places to eat we can't wait to try them xoxoxoxo