Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pink Floyd "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn"


SO I thought I already blogged "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" but it turns out that was a blog fantasy (like getting 1000 hits a day?)
so today I am gonna make that hope and dream come true. I am now going to tell those of you who don't already own this life-changing, totally influential, Beautiful and completely punk,OH-MY-GOSH-ARE-YOU-KIDDING-ME he didn't just sing "sitting on a unicorn!", freaking genius record that if you want to be a complete person you should stop reading and buy it (you can even download from amazon now). What is causing me at this time to even remember to tell you about this record?...WELL I am gonna tell you: 3 year-olds (even cool ones) can dig some pretty mind-numbing music and when my kid gets in the car and asks for "the PINK music, the one about the gnome and the one about the bike," well I just about lose my mind...I can finally shelve "Oliver!" and the dreaded "Wee sing" (now for the drum roll) and pull out PINK FLOYD!...wow my universe just evolved all in a second just like that...I get to listen to the Piper at the Gates of Dawn with my kid and I loved Pink Floyd (and Syd) just then even more...

It seems I didn't say much about the actual music so if you want the "book report" CLICK it's purdy interesting, really really just imagine...Abbey Road Studios (1967) has 3 bands recording albums:
Pink Floyd "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" & The Pretty Things "S.F. Sorrow"

2 comments:

sprboston said...

Now I'm going to have to learn all the words to these songs? LOL

IF THE BIRDS KNEW said...

Maybe Addie just has to start listening to more Yacht Rock...it's endless now that she digs Syd?!